Friday, February 24, 2006

Blast from the Past...

When someone from your past comes back into your life suddenly and inexplicably, almost as suddenly time travels backward and, for an instant, you become the person you were then. In my case, the disillusioned, heartbroken girl who, for the first time in a long time, got to breathe a breath of fresh air. That fresh air was on Store Bay in Tobago, and it was 6'2" tall with dreadlocks. It was there that he gave me, unasked, the thing I wanted most in the world: a hair-tie.

There are some people with whom you just click. Talking is easy, liming is easy...being is easy. We just clicked. After that ensued arguably three of the most enjoyable consecutive months of my life.

Needless to say, I'm not the person I was then...as good or bad as that may be. Neither is he. What's amazing however, is that after three years we still click. We can still talk and 'be' just as easily. Cool people are hard to find. I dedicate this entry to you, my fresh air of three years ago.

They say every woman ought to have a juicy past. Thanks for three months of juice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want three months of juice too (un-greened grass an added bonus:|)

Anonymous said...

oops, my name is ENYELLAK :|

HS said...

lol...cah even spell :|