Thursday, October 19, 2006

When all else fails...do your hair.

"Life is short...Stay awake for it."
~ Caribou Coffee Bar Slogan

I had the most difficult time waking up this morning. P gave the usual wake up call at around...who knows when. I just told her something or other and plopped back down again. It's terrible to have begun each day of my life since sophomore year saying "Shit! What time is it?". Never begin your day with the word shit, it's not good for you. My mother then called at around ten-something, asking if I went to see Mr. Barksdale, who she insists on calling Mr. Boxdale, emphasis on the OXX (I haven't had the patience yet to correct her). I then preceded to get buffed for not getting up in time by both my mother AND father. Usually I just take the buff and shut up. Not today for some reason. How does repeatedly telling me that I should've gotten up earlier change the fact that I didn't? My children are going to love me.

I decided I wasn't going to any of my classes; I'm not in them anyway, so why should I be held responsible for attending? I didn't care. I know I should, leave me alone. Anyway, I had a nice hot then cold shower, washed my hair and blow-dried it. As I've realised recently - it's all about the hair. Next to shoes of course.

5 comments:

aka_lol said...

It took me quite a while to find out that this blog was updated and not a moment too soon.

Pink is a color which men admire in women and their blogs but scorn in men and their blogs. I am not sure but I don't know of any culture where pink is even remotely associated as male. All others colors can go either way but pink can go only one way. Imagine if there was a movie called "Men in Pink" the images it would conjure up. Thinking about it now I do think the Pink Panther is male but quite possibly a pink one.

I can never understand why people need to get up late unless they had a good productive night before so I assume that was the case in this case.

I also agree that there are some words or phrases a morning should never start with and apart from modern-day English words such as shit, f***, phrases such as "Do I know you?" or for a guy "Why am I wearing pink?" These early-morning wake up calls can set the tone for the rest of the day, week, month or even a lifetime.

dregus said...

glad that you're back blogging and back in school narbeesh.
i swear lol aka was dead!

Felisha B. said...

Truancy, while therapeutic, is the devil.

Anonymous said...

Yes so i did was to agree with dat...

Unknown said...

i "did was"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(is piggly serious?!?!?!:|)