Saturday, June 03, 2006

What Dreams May Come

"Night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams
they cannot keep."

~ Enya

I haven't officially slept in fourty hours. Unless you count nodding on the way to church in my friend's SUV, while he drove entirely too fast, to be sleeping. I don't. Stayed on the phone for six and a half hours last night speaking with Rasta about religion, and God, and truth. He determined about me the same thing that most people do: that I'm immovable. And I'm glad of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm nothing of the sort to preach to you, or to practice what I don't preach. I do, however, stand firm in certain things: truths that I have proven to be so. I'm glad he saw this in me. I cannot explain why. If you knew the whole story, maybe you'd understand. He, I would say (and so would he), is a walking contradiction. Then again so am I.

Now the time for rest has come, finally. I should probably seize it, but instead I am up, refusing to succomb to the exhaustion that is overwhelming my body. Yesterday I started moving too. All by myself. Who needs men? (Me! Me! I do!). Steups. I swear I dislocated my uterus and my left kidney. Bye-bye babies. Was supposed to move the rest of shit tonight, but that ain't happening. I'll do it tomorrow night, the night before Monday: the day from hell. In that one day I must try to get my scholarship back, finish move out, check out, pack and obtain leave from two jobs to go to my brother's in Georgia - a trip that I leave for the next day, mind you. Gyad. I should rest while I can, shouldn't I? I hope Rasta doesn't call. He knows I'm exhausted. I'm well aware of the fact that we talk entirely too much. I'm addicted and so is he. This is not good.

I hope I dream tonight. I never remember what my dreams are about unfortunately, and sometimes fortunately.

I want to sleep. I want to have nice dreams. I bid you goodnight.

3 comments:

aka_lol said...

This is yet another piece of the puzzle by the clever and enjoyable writer, and also, part time bloger and mover, hs :)

I can honestly say I can resist everything but the temptation to comment and jeans-filling.

There are some things you should not do without men, and moving is the second thing which come to mind. No wonder your left kidney and your uterus are in such turmoil. Men, the macho ones, can never displace their uterus by moving a few boxes, even heavy ones. I always say, show a man a box and he will always want to move it. That's simply instinctive.

I practice what I preach and the fact I don't preach speak volumes about my practices. But I am happy, and always so. On the bright and realistic side, I don't know if your talking-to-Rasta addiction is as bad as you make it sound. Thinking about it now, I feel all addictions must be controlled but not every addiction is bad. Some addictions won’t set you free and can even it can land you in jail. I doubt this one falls into that category.

Sleep is only enjoyed when deserved or when intoxicated with tiredness. Sleep well, enjoy your trip and remember:

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.

Anthony Burgess


:)

Anonymous said...

succumb*

btw, what truths have u proven? *is interested*

Felisha B. said...

haha at Anthony Burgess