Sunday, December 10, 2006

Islands in the Sea

That is what we are...

Okay, wrong song.

Darcie_P probably hates me. We went to this "Islands in the Stream" collaboration event between HU's and GWU's CSAs (Caribbean Student's Organisations). It was supposed to be a dinner with live music and dancing. That's what the Facebook invie said. Firstly, I didn't know it was a Christmas dinner...or I wouldn't have gone. Secondly, even though it was, the parang made me feel warm and fuzzy feelings of home, regardless of how pagan it was (...what?). Anyway, apparently Basement Knokers was the entertainment provider, and they were hosting the 'after-party' as well as the 'party'. I didn't know there was an after-party.

Instead of staying, we went to get drinks (which was something impossible to do on the GWU campus) and I proceeded to get tipsy. Lamiepooh is really nice, even though she is the shallowest person on planet earth, as I've recently discovered. But...She has a kind heart, which is more than I can say for myself. I hope I'm my own worst critic. Anyway, I got home, and she went with me (after she got ready for bed) to get food, cause I was starving on account of my tipsyness. That's not why I think she's nice though, there are more, less selfish, reasons.

Anyway, this was supposed to be an apology to P, since she thought it would be something nice, and I'm sure it ended up being something that she hated. I'm sorry for real.

I got to go...eyes closing. I hope I can wake up when Rasta calls me...he hasn't yet. He told me to call him when I got back...which I did. I don't think he could tell that I was tipsy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. it wasn't your fault...there's nothing for u to be sorry for...
2. u were tipsy :|

Unknown said...

aye!!!!!!!! look P posted!

lol, "lamiepooh"... if ever she stumbled across this blog...

glad I wasnt there... :|

(beye)

...un less it was like,fun,or watever...*bigger eye*

aka_lol said...

I never understood what caused that warm and fuzzy feeling around Christmas time. I always thought it was food poisoning but now I know it was Parang.

I like shallow people because they can't outsmart me. I have a great admiration for the shallow because of what I have found in the deep. Ignorance is not only bliss, it is necessary for sanity and a wrinkle-free complexion.

There is not much else to say other than I am a blogger not a fighter. I have learnt that the secret to having a good blog life is frequency. The more you blog the better you get at it. But then again, blogging is like riding a bicycle, you have to fall off to learn which position is best.

Unknown said...

blogging sounding like sex :|

aka_lol said...

Blogging can sound more like sex than sex itself, but that depends on the position of the bloggers (or blogger in some sad cases). I understand that ice cream and chocolate can also sound like sex depending on the flavor of the icecream and/or chocolate. Personally, I don't believe substitutes can be as exffective as the real thing but, as a wise man (or was it smart man)once said, not everything real is good and not everything good is real.